First responders to the Fukushima Daiichi nuclear meltdown have begun exhibiting symptoms, illnesses and sicknesses that are tied to severe radiation exposure very recently — and not just Japanese and likely others, but US Naval first responders, as well.
More than 100 US military service members joined a lawsuit against the owner of the nuclear plant, the Tokyo Electric Power Company, also known as TEPCO, stating that the exposure they received, which was deemed as safe by both TEPCO and the Japanese government was indeed, NOT safe.
Indeed, one female enlisted sailor aboard the USS Ronald Reagan, that spent roughly a month assisting efforts off the coast of Japan, stated that recently, her menstrual cycle has gone awry, causing excessive bleeding and has also received a recent diagnosis of asthma. Further, another sailor complains of lumps in his skin and in his jaw, along with stomach ulcers and unusual weight and hair loss. Frighteningly, when he was tested for radiation exposure after being on the deck of the vessel, the Geiger counter “went crazy” when it scanned his hands — as he was the sailor who lowered the American flag that was given to the Japanese people as a gesture of friendship. Having been flying during the disaster, it was likely the flag and rope were highly contaminated with radiation.
This having been said, I’m interested to know why the mainstream media isn’t covering this heavily, in America. I find it very interesting, actually.
- US sailors claim radiation sickness from Fukushima rescue (fox5sandiego.com)
- 70+ USS Ronald Reagan Crew Members, Half Suffering From Cancer, to Sue TEPCO For Fukushima Radiation Poisoning (ecowatch.com)
- Elephant In The Room: Fukushima (wearechange.org)
- More USA sailors afflicted by exposure to Fukushima radiation (nuclear-news.net)
- US Sailors, Assisting With Fukushima Clean Up, Crippled By Cancer (activistposter.wordpress.com)
- US Sailors, Assisting With Fukushima Clean Up, Crippled By Cancer (rinf.com)
- US Sailors, Assisting With Fukushima Clean Up, Crippled By Cancer (zerohedge.com)
- USS Ronald Reagan sailors to sue power company over alleged Fukushima radiation poisoning (wtkr.com)
- ZeroHedge: US Sailors, Assisting With Fukushima Clean Up, Crippled By Cancer (silveristhenew.com)
- Fukushima Is A Sacrifical ‘Death’ Zone by Epidemiologist (streetdemocracy.wordpress.com)